So you are about to move home and need to make sure you have everything taken care of. Below is a comprehensive list of things you may need to make your relocation a success.
First you will need Packing Supplies
- Strong Boxes or Cartons.
- Packing Material.
- Marking Pens.
- Packing Tape.
- A checklist of what is inside each box.
If you need extra boxes for moving, please contact our Sunshine Coast office.
- Pack similar items together, try to pack items from the same room into the same box. This makes unpacking a lot easier.
- Keep a detailed checklist of the contents of each box.
- Make sure there is adequate padding around all your items. Items should not be allowed to move freely inside the box.
- Properly secure your boxes with packaging tape.
- Always put the heaviest items at the bottom of the box, whenever possible.
- Leave enough time to pack so that you can pack properly, and not in a rush.
- Do not over-pack the cartons, keep the cartons at an acceptable weight.
6-8 weeks prior to moving:
- Organise your removalist as soon as possible. We suggest using us for your move.
- You also want to do this as soon as possible so that you can organise the exact date and time you want to move.
- Keep an organised folder with all the details you need to know such as the removalists details and contact number, cleaners, landlords etc.
- Confirm with the real estate agent regarding key pickup.
- Mail redirection.
- Have a garage sale prior to moving to sell off unnecessary items.
- Get your packing materials together. Start packing items you don’t regularly use.
- Start repairing and fixing up your property. Try to alleviate the stress on moving day.
- Order your phone and electricity services for your new location.
- Schedule disconnection of utilities
- Update any subscriptions to the new address
- Update your pet’s registration to the new address.
- Change all your personal contact details with banks, insurance, etc.
- Ramp up the progress on packing.
- Start arranging time off work for moving day if you need.
1-2 weeks – Contact your Removalist
- Contact your removalists and ensure they are aware of the date and time you are moving.
- Start cleaning.
- Pack Pack Pack… Hopefully by now you have made a lot of headway.
- Start finishing off the food in your pantry
- Make an action plan for moving day.
- Defrost your fridge and freezer.
- Disassemble your beds and remove bedding.
- Drain all the fuel from lawnmowers, whipper snippers, etc.
- Get all your pot plants together.
- Keep all your important documents, such as passports with you. They must travel with you on moving day.
Moving Day – Time to Move
Hopefully this day will be nice and relaxed. Using Enrights for your Sunshine Coast removalists needs will help keep this day stress free.
- Remove bedding.
- Do a complete check through the house to make sure nothing has been missed.
- Keep your personal items with you, such as passports etc.
- Return your keys.
- Leave a forwarding address for post.
- Lock the windows, doors and turn off the lights.
- Make sure you have cancelled your services to the old address.
Let us help move you and your family. About Enrights North Coast Removals
Enrights North Coast Removals are family owned and operated. This means that we ensure the well-being of your household items knowing that our business depends on it! Our staff take the utmost care when moving your personal items. We ensure that all your items are properly secured in our trucks.
Moving house can be both exciting and scary. Starting fresh in a new environment is always rejuvenating; a pivotal moment in many people’s lives. However, the actual transition can be viewed as an obstacle that sours the enjoyment. The last thing any family wants is a stressful beginning to their next chapter, which is why Enrights North Coast Removals focuses on making the process a breeze.
Need furniture moved?
There is no job too big or too small
No matter whether your have a lot of furniture to move, or just a little, give us a call and we can quote. We will arrive on time and work efficiently. Our staff are courteous and friendly. We are always happy to answer any questions you may have. Furniture removals is our business, so if you have any questions regarding packing your household items securely, or length of time a move might take, please call our office. We are here to help.
Our Contact Details
Address: 34 Altona Avenue, Kunda Park, QLD 4556 Free Phone: 1800 655 616 Office: 07 5445 2015 ABN: 51 010 313 238 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org